The Industrial Automation Group of Advantech launches the IACP-4000D, a 4U 19” rack mount industrial workstation with a 5.7” VGA TFT LCD display that supports both a Pentium 4/Celeron D processor. This design reduces the interconnections between the backplane and the CPU card, which enhances the platforms reliability.
Features include: shock-resistant disk drive bay designed to hold up to three 5.25” and one 3.5” disk drives, front accessible USB interface for easy data transferring, dual front-accessible filtered cooling fans providing optimal airflow, front LEDs indicating system health, lockable front door, and supports 300 W single PS/2 and redundant ATX power supplies.
The IACP-4000D is compact and has a reliable design catered for use in limited space environments, such as test and measurement stations and machinery.
The Industrial Automation Group of Advantech launches the ADAM-5091 module equipped with four RS-232 ports, making it especially suitable for bi-directional communication. The ADAM-5091 can simultaneously read data from other third-party devices such as a modem, barcode reader, and PLCs as long as these devices are equipped with a RS-232 interface.
Other features include: 128 byte FIFO, communication speed up to 115.2 Kbps, RJ-45 connectors, TX/RX LED display, T x D, R x D, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, and GND data signals.
Furthermore, the ADAM-5091 can be fully integrated with the ADAM-4000/5000 series and can transmit data to each other through the RS-232 port.
ActiveDAQ Pro ActiveX Controls with GUI Interface
The Industrial Automation Group of Advantech ActiveDAQ Pro, a collection of ActiveX controls performing I/O operations. The ActiveDAQ Pro package contains: Device, AI, AO, DI/O, Thermo, Counter, and Pulse Control and can be used with any ActiveX controls with any development tool that supports them, including Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Visual Basic, Borland C++ Builder, Borland Delphi, and Microsoft Visual Studio.NET.
ActiveDAQ Pro GUI control collection consists of abundant control components, which enable users to conveniently and quickly build graph display modules for data acquisition and easily develop prototype vision applications in an interactive environment without programming. These controls include:
- Button control for various displays styles (2D and 3D) and is a Boolean control that displays an on or off state.
- Graph control provides abundant graph display function, which enable the user to display data of various sources simultaneously.
- Intensity control offers two-dimensional display and simple interpolation for scattered 3D data points.
- Knob control is circular data control that provides various graph styles.
- LED control provides data display and editing functions with the seven-segment nixie tube mode.
- NumEditor control provides functions of numerical displaying and editing.
- Slide control is linear data controlling control that provides various graph styles.
Other ActiveDAQ Pro features include:
- Fully supports all Advantech DAQ cards and functions with complete high speed data acquisition.
- Easy to use property sheets offer selections which will provide an easy access to all settings, eliminating unnecessary programming.
- Independent control operation, needing no support from other existing ActiveX controls.
- Physical properties like voltage, current, and frequency can now be directly applied by the user and will automatically be reassigned to the data with proper input range and sampling rate.
- Straight-forward user interface – less hardware dependent.
- Optional lists vs. direct input. This eliminates a large portion of the direct data input.
- Default settings for quicker execution.
- Properties and parameters can automatically determine an appropriate data transferring method to perform the data acquisition.
- Parameter check-up and correction is automatically corrected.
System requirements include: IBM compatible PC using at least 266 MHz or higher processor, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP, VGA compatible graphics card supporting at least 256 colors, minimum of 64 MB of RAM, 74 MB of free local hard disk space, and one CD-ROM driver.