Pepperl+Fuchs introduces Mobile Equipment sensors . These IP69K-rated inductive proximity sensors are shocktest rated to 50 G for reliable operation in high shock and vibration environments, can operate in extreme cold (-40 °C/ -40 °F) and heat (+85 °C/ +185 °F), and feature 10x greater radiated field immunity (immunity to mobile radio interference) than standard sensors to satisfy the demanding performance criteria set forth in IEC and SAE mobile equipment standards. They are fully compatible with Deutsch, Weatherpack (Packard) and Amp/Tyco connectors.
Mobile Equipment sensors are available in 12, 18 and 30 mm diameters to deliver 4, 8 and 15 mm sensing ranges, respectively. The extended sensing range of up to 15 mm facilitates increased target-to-sensor separation, which significantly reduces accidental impacts to maximize uptime. Load dump circuitry protects the sensor against power spikes during machine start-up, which is particularly significant when the sensor is powered directly from a battery. Additionally, they feature heavy-gauge, cut-proof PUR cables that are unaffected by oil, grease and other fluids common to such applications.
Mobile Equipment sensors are specifically engineered to overcome the environmental challenges common to truck, bus, crane, lawn mowing, forklift and other mobile equipment applications. Their ability to reliably operate in extreme temperatures also makes them well-suited for use in nearly any outdoor environment, or in freezers where standard sensors with a typical -25 °C rating are unsuitable for use.
VCS210 Color Sensor
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces the new VCS210 Color Sensor. This powerful new addition to the Pepperl+Fuchs color sensor family enables users to program, evaluate, process, and display up to 255 distinct colors. Several included software programs allow either a simple, rapid color teach or a more advanced teach to optimize the sensor for a range of applications.
Ten examples of VCS210 applications:
- Quality check of color of plastic molded parts
- Identification of colored totes in distribution center
- Sort textiles, upholstery, or carpet
- Check of connector color code sequence
- Confirmation of LED color and illumination
- Control of ink mixing
- Validation of pharmaceutical and cosmetic colors
- Quality check of primer application
- Sort bottles or pouches by color of packaging
- Monitor fluid cloudiness in sight glass
VCS210 includes free set-up software. Choose between QuickTeach, for a fast and easy set-up, or VCS2-Config for full color management, including evaluation control and display.
VCS210 color sensor features include:
- Color evaluation like human vision by using additive primary colors
- Identifies minute color variations for sorting, positioning, quality control
- Glossiness can be evaluated separately from the object’s hue
- Ten times faster than competitive models for faster checks and more throughput
- Also detects colors of LEDs, pilot lights, and other illuminated objects
- Variety of color space evaluation methods
- Software provides visual and comparative indication of colors and tolerances
- For use with wide range of diffuse or thru-beam fiber optic cables
- Long-life white light LED source means no external illumination required