Heyco is happy to announce that the Heyco Solar Masthead™ II Cordgrips are now UL recognized under file E51579 to both Canadian and US requirements.
Benefits/characteristics of the Solar Masthead™II Cordgrips include:
- Provide a watertight seal for PV module output leads to inverters
- NPT threads easily assemble into schedule 40 fittings
- Generous wrenching flats allow for ease of assembly
- Provided with an assembled metal locknut
- No disassembly required for installation
- UV resistant and nylon construction with TPE or Buna N Sealing Gland resists salt water, weak acids, gasoline, alcohol, oil, grease, and common solvents
- 94V‐2 flammability rating
- IP 68 rating
- Temperature rating of ‐22°F(‐30°C) to 212°F (100°C)
Due to the thin membrane of Santoprene covering the gland, the user can choose how many wires to use, from 1 to 13, by piercing the wire through the dimpled portion of the gland. Regardless of how many wires used, the gland around the wires will retain a liquid tight seal.
Heyco Masthead™ Cordgrips can be used for solar rooftop installations in place of or in conjunction with rooftop combiner boxes for faster connection and lower installed cost. They are less expensive, easier to install and more aesthetically pleasing than combiner boxes when making ground level connections directly to an inverter. The Cordgrips are threaded into an adapter (also available for purchase through Heyco – PN 8660 & 8661) that can be attached directly to rigid (PVC) or EMT type conduit.