Banner Engineering’s new plastic fiber assemblies provide additional resistance to fiber damage or breakage in high flex environments. The PVC flex relief ensure a minimum bend radius at the fiber to ferrule transition. A flex life of > 10, 000 cycles is typical. Sensing range is the same to the equivalent non-flex relieved fiber assembly, except for the smallest fiber core. The fibers also have higher tensile pull resistance than non-overmolded design which helps reduce accidental damage to the fibers.
- Provide additional resistance to fiber damage or breakage in high flex environments.
- Stainless steel threaded ferrule and stainless steel mounting hardware
- PVC overmolded flex relief reduces stress at the fiber to ferrule transition
- Higher tensile pull resistnace than non-overmolded design to reduce accidental damage to the fibers during installation and maintenance
- Works with plastic fiber brackets: SMBFP6, SMBFP4, SMBFP4N, and SMPFP3