The VSM robust metal sensors are a complement to Banner Engineering’s already popular and extensive line of miniature sensors. An extended sensing range and tiny stainless steel housing make them an ideal replacement for range limited proximity sensors, and for areas previously only accessible to remote sensors and fiber optic cable. The tightly collimated beam and self-contained housing of the VSM are suitable for very precise, small object sensing applications in the automotive, food and beverage, semiconductor and electronics, assembly, metal stamping and other industries where significant mounting space restrictions are common.
- Tough, 300 series stainless steel body with sapphire lens withstands a wide variety of chemicals.
- Miniature sensors are available as small as a 4mm barrel (about the size of a single optical fiber assembly).
- Economical, self-contained sensors are available in convergent or opposed sensing modes; no separate amplifier required.
- Specially designed optics and electronics provide reliable sensing without adjustments.
- Advanced convergent optical design provides high performance, very repeatable sensing.
- Well-focused, narrow beam allows the entire sensor to be recessed into fixtures.
- Smooth, stainless steel barrel is perfect for hygienic applications requiring routine cleaning.