The WORLD-BEAM Q20 product line is a complete product offering of high performance sensors in rectangular housings. The Q20 provides excellent optical performance in a world-wide standard sensor housing with 25.4 mm (1 inch) mounting hole spacing. The target markets are material handling, robotic assembly cells, packaging machinery for food, beverage, and pharmaceutical goods, and people detection in turn-styles and gates.
With the addition of the visible red fixed field background suppression models and increased detection range opposed mode sensors, Banner has expanded the number of applications the Q20 series can solve. The high performance optical design of the fixed field Q20 series is evident in the small emitter beam and well focused optics which provide increased sensing range, out to 150 mm (6 inches) and greater immunity to objects beyond the fixed detection range. Combined with electronic immunity to fluorescent light sources, the Q20 fixed field sensors will result in more reliable and more stable detection in all applications.
As a part of Banner’s continuous improvement program, the opposed mode sensor lenses were improved resulting in additional sensing range of 2 m in the visible red models, and an additional 5 m range in the infra-red models. Sensor apertures are available to shape the effective sensing beam to the part being detected, and polarized filter pairs allow multiple opposed mode sensor pairs to be used in close proximity without cross talk.
- Photoelectric sensors in a compact, rugged, sealed, over-molded plastic housing
- Stable and reliable detection in a world-wide sensor housing.
- Fixed Field Background Suppression models have small emitter beam optics to avoid false detection beyond cut-off better than ever before.
- The Fixed Field Background Suppression also incorporate immunity to fluorescent light sources in the background.
- IP67/NEMA 6 & NEMA PW12 1200 PSI washdown rated
- Standard 3 mm threaded mounting holes on 25.4 mm (1″) spacing
- Metallic M8 and M12 connectors on “QD” models with a threaded connection to the cord-set
- DC operation from 10 to 30 VDC with complementary solid-state outputs (1 normally open, 1 normally closed); PNP (sourcing) or NPN (sinking) by model
- Complete offering of mounting brackets and apertures available