The SS360NT/SS360ST/SS460S High Sensitivity Bipolar Latching Digital Hall-effect Sensor ICs are small, sensitive, and versatile devices operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The SS360NT is turned ON by a North pole, while the SS360ST and SS460S are turned ON by a South pole. They offer reverse polarity protection, deliver a stable output over a -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range, and can accept any dc supply voltage from 3 to 24 Vdc.
Fastest response: For brushless dc motor manufacturers that need latching sensor ICs with reliable, consistent performance for efficient and small designs, Honeywell’s family of new High Sensitivity Latching Digital Hall-effect Sensor ICs respond to low magnetic fields and offer consistent repeatability while providing the fastest response to a change in magnetic field for enhanced motor efficiency.
No chopper stabilization: Unlike competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect latches, Honeywell offers reliable switching points with high magnetic sensitivity of 30 G typical (55 G maximum) without using chopper stabilization on the Hall element, resulting in a clean output signal and the fastest latch response time in its class.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High sensitivity: Operate from only 30 Gauss typical, at 25°C [77 °F] and 55 Gauss maximum over the full -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range, allowing for the use of smaller, magnets or a wider air gap
- Fastest response time: Provides for more efficiency in commutating a brushless dc motor and offers a clean output signal due to no chopper stabilization
- Bipolar latching magnetics: Makes these products wellsuited for accurate speed sensing and RPM (revolutions per minute) measurement
- Sub-miniature, SOT-23 surface mount package (SS360NT/SS360ST) supplied on tape and reel: Allows for compact design with automated component placement
- Small, leaded, flat TO-92-style package (SS460S): Allows for a compact PC board layout
- Wide operating voltage range of 3 to 24 Vdc: Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications
- Built-in reverse voltage: Enhances the protection of the sensor and the circuits
- Durable design: Allows operation up to 150 °C [302 °F]
- RoHS-compliant material meet Directive 2002/95/EC