Carling Technologies’ PC-Series, AC Residual Current Circuit Breaker with Overcurrent Protection (RCBO), combines the ground fault protection of a GFCI with the familiar over current tripping characteristics of a normal circuit breaker.
The PC-Series utilizes the hydraulic magnetic principle which provides precise operation and performance even when exposed to extremely hot and/or cold application environments.
- Overload, short circuit and ground fault protection in a single package.
- Handle style actuators and rocker style “acuguard”.
- Wiping Contacts – Mechanical linkage with two-step actuation – cleans contacts, provides high, positive contact pressure and longer contact life.
- A trip-free mechanism, a safety feature which makes it impossible to manually hold the contacts closed during overload or fault conditions.
- A common trip linkage between all poles ensures that an overload in one pole will trip all adjacent poles.
- Front panel mounting.
- Integral push-to-test button.
- Two integrated LED indicators distinguish if a breaker is closed with Line Voltage present, or has opened due to leakage current, or has opened due to overcurrent, or is closed with no Line Voltage present.
- Optional Hot/Neutral reversal detection and protection.
- Increases safety around boats and marinas.
- Protects against electrical shock hazards in areas near water.
- Protects against defects in the wires and conductors.
- Reduces fire and shock hazards from defects in permanently installed appliances such as water heaters, battery chargers, lighting fixtures, etc.
- Detects low level ground faults, which do not trip ordinary circuit breakers, that can lead to fires and shock hazards for boating occupants.