Honeywell’s Limitless™ WBX Series combines the best of Honeywell’s MICRO SWITCH™ Heavy Duty limit switches with a point-to-point (P2P) network. It has a variety of remote or built-in antenna options. Wireless-enabled limit switches can be used for position sensing and presence/absence detection for an endless number of applications.
The WBX Series is especially beneficial for remote monitoring applications where wiring or wire maintenance is not physically possible or economically feasible. Combining this greater flexibility with proven harsh-duty packaging can result in increased efficiencies and improved safety for machines, equipment,and operators.
- Wireless Design
- Radio (license-free and global) WPAN 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz, point-to-point (P2P) provides reliable, flexible, and secure wireless transmission.
- Up to 305 m [1000 ft] line-of-sight communication range when used with a Limitless™ WPMM Series wireless monitor, WDRR Series receiver module, or WMPR receiver module (sold separately).
- The use of AES 128 bit encryption ensures that no unregistered node can successfully insert erroneous signals into a network or decode signals from a network, making the network secure from both eavesdropping and sabotage.
- Remote Control and Monitoring
- License-free RF wireless protocol standards (IEEE 802.15.4) allow for remote control and monitoring of processes and equipment.
- Wireless Switching in Classified Atmospheres
- Designed to be used where other wireless products can not. Hazardous location approvals allow it to be used in a wide range of classified atmospheres, allowing for greater flexibility, making the Limitless™ WBX product application adaptable.
- Well-Suited For Tough Environments
- IP67 (self certified), NEMA 4 sealed metal enclosure, with direct or remote mount antenna options, allows for use in most harsh environments. Powder-coated aluminum housing enhances durability and resistance to corrosion.
- Able to reconfigure multiple WBX Series switches easily allows for adding, subtracting, or relocating of Limitless™ WBX Series switches. Eliminates issues with wire connection integrity on moving equipment.
- Reduces Costs
- Can reduce installation and maintenance costs because there are no wires, conduit, strain relief, clips, connectors, connection boxes, etc.
- Off-The-Shelf Batteries
- Batteries are available from electrical supply houses and distributors. They are readily available worldwide, thereby eliminating the need for specialized batteries.
- Global Use
- Designed for global availability, the WBX Series is suitable for use in most customer applications, simplifying the design-in process, eliminating tooling costs,and reducing manufacturing labor costs.