Banner Engineering’s EZ-SCREEN® LS is a rugged, small profile, extremely easy-to-use safety light screen that incorporates the popular features of the original EZ-SCREEN 14 & 30 mm and EZ-SCREEN Low Profile systems. This cost effective light screen has been aggressively priced, coming in lower than the EZ-SCREEN Low Profile and up to 25% less than a similar EZ-SCREEN 14 & 30 mm system.
The Lean & Simple design of the EZ-SCREEN LS combines Machine Safety and the notion of Lean Manufacturing by focusing on features that provide high-value for most applications while eliminating those that unnecessarily add cost and complicate the installation, use, and maintenance of the device.
Simple to use, but not lean on benefits, the EZ-SCREEN LS provides enhanced features that include intuitive bi-color alignment indicators, automatic cascade configuration, end-to-end sensing design for “no blind zone” installations, robust IP65/IP67 housing with metal end caps, and more.
- Two-piece design optoelectronic safeguarding device with convenient setup without configuring DIP-switches, PC software, hand-held programmers, or other devices
- Three resolutions (detection capability) available: 14 mm, 23 mm, and 40 mm with a range of up to 12 m (39 ft.)
- Sensor lengths from 280 mm (non-cascade) to 1820 mm in 70 mm increments
- Cascade models combine up to four systems, any length, any resolution, any number of beams
- Cascading adds 2 ms to overall response time for each additional segment (6 ms max.)
- Alpha/Numerical diagnostic display and status indicators for concise troubleshooting and number of beams blocked
- Flexible wiring scheme allows the emitter and receiver positions to be interchanged (swapped) without rewiring
- Highly immune to EMI, RFI, ambient light, weld flash, and strobe light using dual-scan technology
- Compliance with the most rigorous world-wide safety standards. FMEA tested to ensure control reliability and third party certified to Type 4 per IEC61496-1/-2, Category 4 PLe per EN/ISO 13849-1, SIL3/SILCL3 per IEC 61508/IEC 62061