The DF-G3 fiber amplifiers were developed by Banner Engineering to provide world-class long-range detection. It has 1.33x longer range than the DF-G2 at 1 ms response speed, and 2.5x longer range than the DF-G2 at 24 ms response speed. The increased sensing power enables longer detection for all applications and detection of very small targets and features when used with very small core fiber assemblies. The extra power provides increased detection reliability for dark targets, and increases detection sensitivity when using array fiber assemblies for web guiding or area detection for part ejection applications.
- World-class long-range sensing capability, more than 3m (10 ft) with opposed mode fibers or 1m (3 ft) with diffuse mode fibers.
- Easy to read dual digital displays show both signal level and threshold simultaneously.
- Simple user interface ensures easy sensor set-up and programming via displays and switches/buttons or remote input teach wire.
- Cross-talk avoidance function allows seven inspections in dense sensing point applications.
- Energy efficient light resistance enables stable detection in industrial lighting environments.
- High power amplifier with small core fibers enables precise positioning of small components.
- Multi-function remote wire allows control of the LED, outputs, remote teach input, and cross-talk avoidance.
- Operator control of the sensitivity (hysteresis) provides additional detection sensitivity, or a stabilized output depending on the application details.
- Single discrete output and single analog output: Analog output is proportional to signal strength and can be independently scaled