Phoenix Contact’s RAD-RS485-IFS head station enables multipoint I/O multiplexing or Modbus RTU bus coupler operation over a dedicated wired network using Radioline platform I/O. The small form factor, hardened I/O, and the hot-swap functionality make this platform ideal for harsh environments that may not be suited for Inline systems.
In addition, the RAD-RS485-IFS is easy to configure for multipoint I/O mapping using the same method as the wireless Radioline products. No software is required for simple setups, and it uses PSI-Conf software for diagnostics or advanced setups.
- Easy setup via thumbwheels — no software required
- Advanced setup and diagnostics available using PSI-CONF software
- Multiplex up to 99 stations over a wired RS-485 network
- Radioline platform compatibility
- Extended temperature (-40° to 70°C)
- Isolated, hot-swappable, modular I/O
- Hazardous location approvals, including ATEX, IECEx and Class I, Division 2
- Process monitoring and control for level, temperature, and flow
- Consolidation of remote I/O signals
- Simple I/O replacement