Maximize profitability and energy efficiency for HVAC and pumping control applications using Schneider Electric’s Modicon M171/ M172 logic controllers with the intuitive software SoMachine HVAC.
The Modicon M171/M172 logic controllers are available in 3 controller types:
- The Modicon M171 optimized logic controller for simple and compact machines is the smallest programmable controller on the market. The Modicon M171 optimized unit can also be flush mounted and requires minimal installation effort, while offering tremendous versatility.
- The Modicon M171 performance logic controller for complex and BMS-connectable machines. This controller provides more powerful memory, I/Os, connectivity and an embedded web server.
- The Modicon M172 performance logic controller for large and connected machines. For more performance, connectivity and scalabity.
Everything you need is embedded:
- Wide choice of digital or analog I/Os, software configurable
- Communication protocols: Modbus SL, Modbus TCP, BACnet MS/TP, BACnet/IP, CAN, Profibus, ASCII, LonWorks
- The embedded WebVisu function lets you read and write data from the equipment and make corresponding adjustments to its operation from any location
- With or without display and buttons, or flush-mounted
- Power supply: 12VDC or 24VAC/DC or 48VDC or 100 to 240VAC
- Simplicity and performance
Thanks to a high degree of flexibility, installing additional modules is very easy – while keeping everything in a single configuration:
- Remote displays
- Expansion modules
- Wall thermostat
- Electronic expansion valve driver
- Wide range of humidity and temperature probes
- Communication plug-in for adding a communication port
Reduced Time to Market
The Modicon M171/M172-based solutions are faster and easier to deploy thanks to SoMachine HVAC 2.0, Schneider Electric’s single platform for programming, visualization, and commissioning. SoMachine HVAC 2.0 offers intuitive, ready-to-use application function blocks (AFB). When implemented together with the Tested, Validated, and Documented Architectures (TVDAs) from Schneider Electric, it greatly reduces design time.
SoMachine HVAC 2.0 provides advanced algorithms for greater energy efficiency in Modicon M171/M172-based automation. Dedicated AFBs include energy management, compressor management, fan management, coefficient of performance (COP) monitoring, and floating high pressure control as well as other HVAC- and pumping-related software libraries. Machine builders can simply apply the AFBs while freely developing codes and functions specific to their needs. Additionally, the USB ports on Modicon M171P and Modicon M172P make programming and debugging even easier.
Simplified Integration and Maintenance
The new Modicon M171/M172 series offers a wide choice of connectivity options to support integration with a variety of BMS. A ready-to-connect device, the new Modicon M172P embeds Ethernet, Modbus and BACnet protocols as standard and LonWorks protocol as optional. Furthermore, maintenance is simplified thanks to the built-in WebVisu, visualization screens that are compatible with standard Web browsers to enable remote control of the applications from mobile devices.
The Modicon M171/M172 logic controllers are part of MachineStruxure.
Schneider Electric M171/M172 Logic Controllers
Schneider Electric Technical Datasheets