The new SE2L safety sensor from IDEC ensures the safety of humans in a hazardous area, or those approaching the machine. One SE2L protects a wide area (270° and 5m) and can be used in a variety of applications such as large-sized systems or long conveyor lines. The stop area can be made smaller by detecting approach at the additional protection zone to start slowdown (conventional configuration of one protection zone + two warning zones is possible).
An SE2L can monitor two separate hazardous areas to stop machines when detecting the access of humans. No reflective sensor is necessary, thus eliminating the need of optical axis alignment. Can replace two light curtains. The reference monitoring function ensures safety by detecting the positional change of SE2L or reference boundary, such as a door’s opening/closing status.
A maximum of four SE2Ls can be interconnected using RS-485 connectors for master/slave operation.
- A maximum of 32 are patterns can be configured/switched
- EDM function monitors the status of external devices
- Muting function allows objects to enter the hazardous area without stopping the machine
- Operational status displayed on SE2L as well as PC to monitor errors and data logVideo of detection status can be replayed on PC
- Checks dust in air with signals to and reduces unintended detection