NSK has developed a space-saving design by integrating a precision ground ball screw directly into a NEMA 17 stepper motor. This solution eliminates the need for a motor coupling reducing assembly time. The use of a precision ground screw versus a lead screw delivers higher efficiency, lower friction, smoother operation, no backlash, improved rigidity and longer life.
- Elimination of motor coupling results in compact space-saving design and reduced assembly time
- Compared to a lead screw, a precision ground ball screw offers higher efficiency, lower friction, smoother operation, no backlash, improved rigidity, and longer life
- The higher ball screw efficiency can result in a smaller required motor package, reducing energy usage
- Available with configurable encoder assembled to motor
- Easy disconnect – field replacement of motor and/or ball screw is simplified, saving time and money
- Motor and ball screw are combined into a single part number for ease of design and ordering. Standard Sizes Available for N