The TBEN-L Ethernet spanner capitalizes on Turck’s multiprotocol technology and serves as an easy way to link multiple Ethernet networks together – even networks that speak different protocols – and its master to master data exchange allows PLCs to exchange data easily.
By utilizing Turck’s multiprotocol Ethernet technology and the embedded Ethernet switch, the device can allow isolated networks to pass data between them (up to 256 bytes), even if the networks are on different Ethernet subnets or using different protocols such as Modbus TCP, PROFINET or EtherNet/IP. Additionally, by utilizing the isolated Ethernet network, the TBEN Ethernet spanner offers the ability to setup a NAT (Network Address Translation) router for up to 5 IP addresses. The devices also include an embedded webserver for a streamlined setup and configuration process.
“The release of Turck’s TBEN Ethernet spanner helps customers who are following the trend of using Ethernet technology to elevate their field I/O to a controller or PLC,” said Randy Durick, Vice President of Turck’s Fieldbus Technology division. “Many automation applications require separate Ethernet networks, and this can add a level of complexity and expense that may not be necessary. This product can simplify applications requiring separate networks with an intuitive setup, while also allowing PLC’s of different protocols to communicate effectively.”
The TBEN-L spanner offers 16 digital inputs that are available to both networks and allows data transfer speeds of up to 100 megabits per second. Additionally, the spanner comes in a glass-fiber reinforced housing with fully potted electronics and offers a IP65, IP67, or IP69K rated housing.
- Protocol conversion between EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, and PROFINET
- Bi-directional data exchange between two networks
- Glass-fiber reinforced housing
- Shock and vibration tested
- EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP on port one. EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, or PROFINET on port two
- Two separate, electrically isolated Ethernet interfaces
- 1:1 NAT router
- Integrated Ethernet switch
- 10 Mbps / 100 Mbps supported
- 2 x M12, 4-pin, D-coded, Ethernet fields connection
- 7/8″ males, 4 or 5-pin, for power supply
- Fully potted module electronics
- Protection classes IP65 / IP67 / IP69K