A new series of SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors in surface-mount DO-214AB packages from Littelfuse are designed to protect low-data-rate interfaces and outdoor data interfaces in general industrial applications.
The Pxxx0S3NLRP Series provides robust surge protection performance at up to 2.5kA, while maintaining much lower switching threshold (VS) and on-state voltage (VT) than traditional protection solutions like Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) technology. They also offer crowbarring power fault protection superior to the typical clamping device. Applications include protection for general industrial outdoor data interfaces, such as short loop interfaces (<10m) located at base station sites, and low-data-rate interfaces such as RS-232 or RS-423.
- Robust surge protection performance at up to 2.5kA while maintaining low switching threshold (VS) and on-state voltage (VT)
- Component properties do not degrade after multiple surge events within its rated limits
- Certified, environmentally friendly and suitable for worldwide usage
- Offers crowbarring power fault protection superior to that of the typical clamping device
- High surge protection and high-performance design extend equipment lifetime
- Helps line drivers comply with global standards