Carlo Gavazzi is proud to announce the launch of the new compact, 45mm wide RSGD Series Soft Starter. The RSGD is an easy to use soft-starter for 3-phase induction AC motors, needing just three settings. The self-learning algorithm adjusts the soft starter parameters to work with different applications and varying load conditions. It is active at every start to ensure that the motor always starts with the optimal settings. New current balancing algorithm keeps the current unbalance to less than 15%.
The RSGD Series offers an option for Class 10 electronic overload, providing advanced motor protection and resulting in further space savings in the electrical panel. Phase sequence protection can be enabled and disabled easily through the integrated push button, thus simplifying installation in applications that require reversing. Torque controlled ramp-down results in much smoother deceleration of motors. All these features are offered in one of the most compact soft starters on the market.
The new 45mm RSGD Series Soft Starter offers time and space-saving installation. It conforms to global standard UL508 and IEC/EN/60947-4-2. Therefore it can be used worldwide for control of pumps, fans, and compressors in markets such as Water Treatment, Agriculture, Building Automation, and HVAC.
- Operational current 12A up to 45A
- Horsepower rating up to 40 HP
- Operational voltage: 220VAC up to 600VAC
- 24VAC/VDC or 100-240VAC control voltage
- Two phase controlled with internal bypass
- Optional: motor overload protection (Class 10)
- Compact 45mm wide housing
- Self-learning algorithm to optimize motor starts
- Current balancing algorithm
- Two relay outputs for Alarm and Top of Ramp
- cUL, CE, CCC, EAC approvals