Honeywell Sensing and Control’s MPR Series is a very small piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor offering a digital output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range. It is calibrated and compensated over a specific temperature range for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and non-linearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). This product is designed to meet the requirements of higher volume medical (consumer and nonconsumer) devices and commercial appliance applications.
- Very small form factor: Enables portability by addressing weight, size, and space restrictions; occupies less area on the PCB.
- Wide pressure ranges simplify use.
- Enhances performance: Output accelerates performance through reduced conversion requirements and direct interface to microprocessors.
- Value solution: Cost-effective, higher volume solution with configurable options.
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements: Allows avoidance of thermal and mechanical damage during solder reflow attachment and/or repair that lesser rated sensors may incur; allows unlimited floor life when stored as specified (simplifying storage and reducing scrap); eliminates lengthy bakes prior to reflow, and allows for lean manufacturing due to stability and usability shortly after reflow.
- Low power/energy efficient: Reduces system power requirements and enables extended battery life.
- 5 mm x 5 mm [0.20 in x 0.20 in] package footprint
- Calibrated and compensated
- ±40 mbar to ±2.5 bar | ±4 kPa to ±250 kPa | ±0.6 psi to ±30 psi
- 24-bit digital I2C or SPI-compatible output
- IoT (Internet of Things) ready interface
- Low power consumption (<10 mW typ.), energy efficient
- Stainless steel pressure port
- Medical and food grade gel options
- Compatible with a variety of liquid media
- Absolute and gage pressure types
- Total Error Band after customer auto-zero: As low as ±1.5 %FSS
- Compensated temperature range: 0ºC to 50ºC [32ºF to 122ºF]
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1