Banner Engineering’s Q5X series has expanded from a 2m triangulation sensor to include a time-of-flight sensor with an extended sensing range up to 5m and an application-specific jam detection model to reliably detect jams on conveyor lines.
- High excess gain for reliable detection of the darkest objects (<0.1% reflective black targets.
- Reliable detection of black targets against a black background, black targets against a shiny metal background, clear and reflective objects, multicolor packaging, and targets of all colors.
- Jam detection model alerts operators to production line jams reducing or preventing downtime.
- Dual teach mode measures both distance plus light intensity to solve the most challenging applications.
- 270-degree rotatable M12 QD to meet a variety of mounting constraints.
- Programmable via on-board user interface, remote teach, IO-Link or optional remote sensor display.
- Remote Sensor Display (RSD) enables remote programming and monitoring.