IDEC’s KW2D series smart RFID increases tracking, security, access levels, and productivity of applications. Built for easy integration into industrial systems, this RFID device lets OEM and end users implement secure equipment identification, access control, and traceability.
The built-in Ethernet port that facilitates quick connectivity to host devices like PLCs and HMIs using Modbus TCP. A built-in LED and auxiliary buzzer provide feedback on operation status. KW2D readers operate at standard 13.56MHz high frequency, providing a reading distance of up to 15mm depending on the tag style.
KW2D series supports 3rd party RFID tags if the tags are operated at 13.56 MHz and rated Type A, Type F or Type V standard. Although KW2D works with various RFID tag formats, IDEC-supplied color-coded key fob or card-style tags include enhanced encryption compared with other tag types.
- All-in-one, lightweight and compact.
- Built-in RJ45 Ethernet port.
- Push-in power terminals for safety and easy connection.
- Built-in LED and auxiliary buzzer.
- IP65/67 rated, water-, dust-, and oil-proof ratings.
- Designed to work on metal surfaces.
- FREE configuration software tool.