Phoenix Contact’s QUINT DC/DC converter portfolio is expanding to include a 20 A SIL-rated DC/DC converter. While providing customers with the same unique and exclusive benefits of the growing QUINT4 DC/DC converter line, the QUINT4 20+ DC/DC converter is certified for use in a Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2-rated system. When used in combination with our QUINT4 S-ORing redundancy module (part number 2907753), the new QUINT4 20+ DC/DC converter is certified for use in a SIL 3-rated system.
The QUINT4 20+ DC/DC converter is designed with an integrated decoupling MOSFET which eliminates the need for an external decoupling diode. The internal overvoltage protection (OVP) circuitry of the QUINT 20+ DC/DC converter features a secure shut-off upon activation, limiting the risk of damage to the power supply and the field devices connected to the DC bus. The QUINT 20+ DC/DC converter is conformally coated and is certified with ATEX, IEC 61508, IEC 61511 approvals. The converter is also approved for use in hazardous applications requiring Class I Division 2.
- TÜV-certified for applications requiring SIL 2.
- TÜV-certified for applications requiring SIL 3*.
- Integrated decoupling MOSFET.
- Secure shut-off OVP.
- Static and dynamic power boost capabilities.
- Selective Fuse Breaking (SFB) technology.
- Configurable signal monitoring using a passive interface.
- Real-time monitoring of the output current and voltage via an analog output.
- Conformal coating and wide temperature range from -40°C to +75°C.
- Certified with ATEX/IECEx/Class I, Division 2 approvals.
*When used in combination with a QUINT4 S-ORing module (2907753)