The online catalog includes products and product information that may not be provided in your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) order entry system. For example, vendor non-stock items can be included in the online catalog.
As a customer service representative, you can access the online catalog from within your order entry system as you are placing an order, to find additional available items for a customer.
To order items from the online catalog:
- Start the order in your ERP order entry system.
- Access the online catalog. The Browse page is displayed.
- Browse or search to find items to order.
- Add items to the shopping cart from your browse or search results. You also can add items to the cart using the Order Pad or item detail pages.
- Specify the quantity and add the items to your shopping cart. Depending on system configurations either:
- Your item is added to the shopping cart and you can continue shopping or checkout.
- The Shopping Cart page is displayed and your item is added.
- Click Submit. The items are added to the order in the ERP order entry system, where you can complete the order process.