The Banner AG4 is a two-dimensional optical measuring safety laser scanner that emits pulses of infrared light to locate and measure the position of objects in its field of view. A single unit that works on the principle of diffuse reflection (i.e., reflected light), the AG4 is an excellent choice for irregularly shaped safeguarding in applications where a standard two- or three-piece safety light screen will not work.
- Two-dimensional laser scanner effectively protects personnel, as well as stationary and mobile systems within a user designated area.
- Persons or objects entering the protection field will be detected and a protective (safety) stop signal will be generated.
- The highly flexible protective and warning fields can be set to match the shape of the work area.
- Compact design, simple installation and easy-to-use software provide efficient integration into work zones.
- Two solid-state OSSD safety outputs (250 mA) and two solid-state auxiliary outputs (100 mA).
- Low power consumption (420 mA @ 24V dc) and a very forgiving supply range (24V dc +20%/-30%) require fewer or smaller power supplies, reducing power consumption.
- Five LED diagnostic display presents system status and diagnostics of devices without connecting to a PC.
- Rugged, die-cast aluminum housing withstands the rigor of factory floors.
- System meets all requirements for Type 3 per IEC 61496-1/-2 Category 3 PLd per EN ISO 13849-1, and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2 per IEC 61508.