Honeywell Sensing and Control announces its Limitless™ Wireless Pressure Sensors, Point-to-Point (P2P), WPS Series. In process, oil & gas and factory floor environments, wireless pressure sensors are already commonly used. These types of sensors are accurate, reliable and offer increased levels of customization (battery life, firmware/software). However, their features have created products that are costly ($1200+) for many applications, and many features are not typically needed.
Limitless™ Wireless Pressure Sensors, P2P, WPS Series, are designed to replace applications that are currently wired, or that are used:
- In new applications where wired devices are not economical/feasible (i.e., wireless transmitters);
- Where wiring and connections cause reliability issues; or
- Where increased functionality can be realized by eliminating wires.
The WPS Series provide a lower cost option to expensive wireless alternatives while offering the advantages of wireless over the next best alternative (a wired solution). The WPS Series provide wireless benefits without the expensive features a typical application often does not need.
- Wireless design Radio (license-free and global) WPAN 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz, point-to-point provides increased reliability, flexibility and security in wireless transmission
- Up to 305 m [1000 ft] line-of-sight communication range when used with Honeywell’s Limitless™ Wireless Multi-Protocol Receiver, WMPR Series (sold separately)
- Measures gage and absolute pressures with ranges: 0 to 50 psi, 200 psi, 500 psi, 1000 psi, 1500 psi, 5000 psi, or 10,000 psi
- Global availability due to a variety of inputs with Ethernet I/P™ PLC connections
- Total Error Band ±2.0%
- Operating temperature range -40 °C to 70 °C [-40 °F to 158 °F]
- IP67 sealed plastic enclosure with 316L Port and Hastelloy® C-276 diaphragm
- Direct, remote or built-in antenna options
- Sensor’s body can be rotated/swiveled 350° about the port axis so that the LCD can be oriented in the desirable reading position after installation
- Replaceable, readily-available battery
- Certification: USA: FCC; Canada: IC; European Union: RTTE/ETSI